Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Fear


I recently made a post over at "Fear of Writing" about overcoming your fears and what not. But I realised today that I have problems following my own advice sometimes.

I was writing my fantasy script as I always am. I started to get really gorey and detailed. Then I just stopped. The only thing that came to mind was this image.


I guess I'm having a lot more trouble getting back to normal then I thought. The constant thought of the feds dragging me out of my house randomly (again) is pretty disturbing. What is this? Russia? I mean shit.

I promise this right now. It's very bold and I hope the feds and my toolish brother in law are reading.
You're not censoring this doggy for anything.

2 comments:

  1. I guess I'm lucky that I'm not very self-conscious about my writing. For a while I was, but since getting back into doing it constantly I don't get myself too paranoid from actualy being productive.

    Then again, that very lack of self-criticism makes it ridiculously hard for me in the editing process, because I have trouble finding things to change. >_>

    -Kait

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not too self-conscious of my writing, but I don't have a problem cutting things when they need to be either.

    That said, you know about my father and his comments on the few curse words in my story. Wanting to avoid confrontation (it's not productive or conducive to my creativity), I'm keeping some of my writing from him. It's not out of fear or self-consciousness. It's more a case of just wanting to avoid confrontation. I shouldn't have to explain myself to him or to anyone else and I'm not going to.

    Just keep pushing forward. The story's in there. You've just got to get it out. :)

    ReplyDelete